Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dear Former Best Friend

Dear Former Best Friend,
I believe in soulmates. I believe that there is that special person out there for everyone...and you were mine. I had never thought that I wouldn't have you in my life. You swept into my life and in just another swipe you were gone. 
Over the years, everyone changes including us. I don't know if we actually grew apart, it's more like we just changed. I don't blame anything or anyone for this, especially you, it's just something that happened. I will never be able to remember how we became friends but I will always remember our adventures. Staying up way too late, texting about absolutely nothing of importance, taking 35 pictures and never posting any of them.
I knew what you were thinking with just one look and you could answer my unsaid questions. Even when we hadn't talked in a while, we were back in step in a second. Through all of the travels and being away from each other, I absolutely missed you. I don't miss people easily but you, you I missed immensely. 
If I have ever hurt you, I am unbelievably and truly sorry. I never wanted to cause you any sort pain. I have said so many things in the past based upon temporary feelings that I know have had a permanent impact on our relationship. I was the one you came to for honesty, not judgement. 
I hope that wherever life has brought you, or has yet to bring you, that you are happy in your life and happy with the people in it. Even if we never are as close as we once were, I know that you have left a hole in my heart that can't be filled by anyone else. 
Wherever life takes you next, I hope that you can look back on our memories and smile. And maybe one day down the road, we'll find our way back to each other. 

Love always.

No comments:

Post a Comment